Yahoo! was established in 1997 to offer online users with sophisticated services such as Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Messenger, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Search Engine and so on. One of the most popular services of Yahoo! is Yahoo! Mail. People can sign up an account for free. However, it comes with a limited service. With free account, users were not allowed with POP3.
Are you tired of checking your Yahoo! Mail via web-based?
Now with YPOPS, you can use mail client application such Outlook Express, MS Outlook, Mozilla Mail and so on to check your Yahoo! Mail. Just download YPOPS for free at www.ypopsemail.com and install it on your PC. Then you need to configure with your mail client to make it work. Below is the instruction to configure YPOPS with MS Outlook 2003:
- Select Tools -> Email accounts from the main menu
- Select Add a new email account and click on Next
- Select POP3 as the Server Type. Click Next
- Enter your username and full Yahoo! email address under ‘User Information’
- Enter your Yahoo! Login id and password under ‘Logon Information’
- Enter ‘127.0.0.1’ as your Incoming mail server
- Enter ‘127.0.0.1’ as the SMTP server as your outgoing mail server
- Click on the More Settings button and select the Advanced tab
- Increase the Server Timeout to ‘Long’ (10 minutes)
- Select the Outgoing Server tab
- Enable “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”. Select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Click Ok to close the More Settings dialog
- Click Next and then Finish